Mike Henderson – C.E.O., Founder
- Mr. Henderson, has more than 40 years’ experience in aircraft development. While at Boeing (32 years) Mr. Henderson served on several commercial aircraft programs and as program manager for High Speed Civil Transport. He also was the lead aerodynamicist of Boeing’s successful early unmanned reconnaissance aircraft program the DarkStar. A retired DarkStar is presently being displayed in the Smithsonian Air and Space museum in Washington DC. Mr. Henderson earned his Bachelors and Master of Science degrees in aeronautical engineering from the University of Michigan.
- Successful startups Mike has been involved with include; Aerion Corporation – supersonic business jet (www.Aerionsupersonic.com), BMI Corporation – aeronautical engineering firm (www.BMIcorporation.com), Smart Truck – Aerodynamic efficiency products for long haul trailers (www.SmartTruckSystems.com).
Doug Ball – Adviser to the C.E.O., Engineering and FAA Relations
- Doug retired from a 37 year career at Boeing where he was the enterprise director for computational fluid dynamics, an essential technical capability within Boeing’s Enterprise Technology Strategy. In this capacity, Ball provided strategic guidance and managed investments into CFD technologies across Boeing’s multiple businesses. Prior to that Doug was chief engineer for Aerodynamics within Boeing Commercial Airplanes. He was fortunate to have worked on every in-production Boeing commercial airplane as well as the Dark Star reconnaissance vehicle. Throughout his career, he has served as consultant to NASA, the National Research Council, the U.S. Air Force and The Ohio State University.
- Doug Ball is the current chair of the External Advisory Board for Ohio State’s Aerospace engineering program. In addition to his work with Ohio State, Doug continues to consult with NASA and several small companies engaged in aerospace endeavors. He also serves on the steering committee for IDC’s high performance computing user forums.
Ian Henderson – C.O.O., Founder
- As a founding member of BMI Corporation, Ian Henderson has helped develop the company into a leading engineering firm in Transportation and aeronautical research. He brings over 17 years of applied motorsports experience in operations and engineering. Ian is also a founding member of Smart Truck where he was instrumental in new product Research and Development, field operations, and customer relations. Ian studied Mechanical Engineering a Clemson University and holds a private pilot license. This will be his third successful start-up.
- Successful startups Ian has been involved with include; BMI Corporation – aeronautical engineering firm (www.BMIcorporation.com), Smart Truck – Aerodynamic efficiency products for long haul trailers (www.SmartTruckSystems.com).
Steve Wulff – Business Adviser, Founder
- Steve has a talent for bringing different facets of an organization together stemming from his extensive experience in complex engineering programs. His background includes research and development, process engineering, production and customer fulfillment.
- Steve has been involved in small business leadership from early in his career. His most recent notable projects include RuSPORT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuSPORT), BMI (www.BMIcorporation.com) and SmartTruck (www.SmartTruckSystems.com). At these companies he has a proven track record of providing the leadership and guidance to a technical team while working at the board level to create viable and effective organizations. With years of experience in the highly competitive and technical world of motorsports and project management training at Cal Tech Steve brings a unique perspective to Skybridge.
John Anastos – Senior Marketing and Engineering, Founder
- John Anastos helped found SkyBridge UAS and remains an integral part of the executive team. He brings a variety of talents including engineering, marketing, piloting and leadership. Prior to SkyBridge, John worked for SmartTruck Systems as principal engineer and BMI Corporation as a Aerodynamics Engineer.
- He graduated from Iowa State University with a degree in Aerospace Engineering. During college John started a club called AirISU whose goal was to design and construct a light sport aircraft from scratch, that group still is in existence today. In addition to his aerospace background John has competed in several marathons and currently holds his private pilot’s license.
Michelle McMahon – Adviser to the Board
- Michelle McMahon has over a decade of experience in Executive Search Operations, Administration/Growth Initiatives, Executive Research & Candidate Identification, as well as Executive & Professional Recruiting & Consulting. Her experience includes working with start-up, venture capital, private equity, large and small private and public companies, as well as non-profit and governmental organizations. She has been with Harvard Group International (HGI) for over 15 years and in that time has supported and led hundreds of projects ranging from highly specialized industry experts to the uppermost ranks of the Fortune 500’s Executive Management.
- Michelle started at HGI as a Research Associate. Excelling in this role, she was asked to lead HGI’s Research & Candidate Identification Division just 18 months later. After directing HGI’s Research & Candidate Identification, she advanced into Executive Recruiting where she successfully developed into one of HGI’s leading Project Managers. Before her current role, she held a newly developed position that supported internal growth, which was at the heart of HGI’s Training & Development Program. She is currently a Managing Director and the Retained Search Practice Leader for Harvard Group International.